Premier League champions Chelsea are said to be preparing two mega bids as they seek to appease Italian boss Antonio Conte.
The former Italy manager led the Blues to title glory in his first season at the helm, but is reported as being frustrated with the club’s lack of movement in the market.
Conte wants to make a few additions to his squad, with the Londoners set for a return to the Champions League. And after returning from a short holiday, various outlets claimed that the 47-year-old clashed with members of the Chelsea board because nothing was achieved in his absence regarding transfers.
Chelsea have since denied the allegations, while Conte himself has told certain sources that he is calm. But according to the Guardian, the champs are poised to make huge offers for Juventus left-back Alex Sandro and Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko in order to make the Italian happy.
My bf of 3 years just told me he’d rather I left than Antonio Conte leave Chelsea, fab — Libby Bushby (@libbybushby) June 15, 2017
My bf of 3 years just told me he’d rather I left than Antonio Conte leave Chelsea, fab
— Libby Bushby (@libbybushby) June 15, 2017
The Blues have been linked with the said players for a few weeks now, and a deal for Bakayoko was thought to be imminent. However, they seem no closer to making either of these signings.
Juve turned down an initial bid from Chelsea for Sandro last week, with the club’s general director